Is it too early for ice cream cake?

February 17, 2009

Just a summation of the weekend:

(Mocking my post on bad birthday parenting) “You bought two birthday cakes for the boys? Well, I guess you are not that bad a mother then.”

(On the replacement of the radon fan) “You just need to get a cat. Radon sinks to the ground. As long as the cat is alive, you guys are good to go.”

(Asking if anyone cared if the sailors were okay) “When one submarine with one hundred nuclear warheads collides into another submarine with a hundred nuclear warheads, the condition of the sailors doesn’t necessarily make the top of the news.”

(On the news that he was officially 4 years old now) “So when will I be 5? I want to be 5 years old.”

1. Vicky says:

oooh lookie there! I made the blog. I couldn’t resist saying it after your birthday post.

February 17th, 2009 at 11:21 am

2. Vicky says:

and thanks to your goody bag my beaded necklace I’m wearing has to be a candy necklace!

February 17th, 2009 at 11:22 am

HRH started asking about being seven when he was six years and one day. I’m the one who should think about being seven.

February 17th, 2009 at 3:25 pm

4. Jess says:

Good luck with 4…cherish 4…5 has been really hard.

February 17th, 2009 at 10:39 pm

5. Stimey says:

Well I’m happy to hear that my cats aren’t a total waste of space. Maybe I’ll make them live (or die) in the basement.

February 18th, 2009 at 4:01 pm

6. Elisa says:

Ah…. But the glass is half-full, yes? Of vodka.

February 18th, 2009 at 7:11 pm

7. Jenn says:

You have been awarded the Lemonade Award by me on my site! Why the lemonade award? It is given as appreciation for those people who have shown a great attitude or gratitude this week no matter what the circumstances happen to be. (Or you made me laugh or nod my head in agreement!)

And of course you are the evening version of my site. Mommy Needs both a cocktail and coffee! I adored you when we met at BH and have stalked…I mean read you ever since!

February 22nd, 2009 at 4:35 pm

Sometimes, there are no right answers. Fortunately, most days I get most of it right, but there are those days where no matter what I say or do, it’s not right. Sigh.

February 25th, 2009 at 8:48 am