I found something worse than Facebook.

October 26, 2008

I have to get this post in quickly because I go to the doctor tomorrow and then I’ll have to be writing a post about lying about my weight.  Sheesh.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.  I’m not too worried about my weight because, I mean, Angelina Jolie gained 50 pounds and she dropped it right away.

RIGHT, she gained 50 pounds.  People, let’s just say I have seen 180 pounds during pregnancy and Ms. Jolie was never 180.

And now.  Drumroll please for the new vice.

Texas Hold ‘Em on the IPhone.  Seriously, people.  What the hell?  My husband downloaded it onto my phone through some scam that only involved him paying once for it to go on both our phones.  Now I find myself gambling at 2 in the morning.  At least it is fake money.  I know people playing poker at 2 a.m. with real money that they don’t have.  Well, I guess they have the money.  It’s just that the mortgage company thought they were entitled to it first.

OK, it was 3 a.m.  Who the hell hung this lightbulb over my head?

If it makes you feel better, I didn’t play during church today.  I thought about it.  Believe you me, I thought about it.

Did I mention we are having another boy?  This throws a wrench into my husband’s desire to name a child Sacagawea.  It appears that the Lewis and Clark Expedition will have to end right here at Chateau Cookie.  Whatever we decide to name #3, our goal is to make it as close to Ethan and Nathan as possible as to annoy those people who feel names of subsequent children should be different from the preceding children.  Nethan, anyone?

Either way, #3 will have some form of a historic middle name.  How many kids can say, “my parents picked my name from wikipedia’s american explorers?  Seriously.

1. Carrie says:

Congrats on the third boy and good luck with the name selection.

If you want to feel better about your weight- I’ve been told by my doctor that I can only gain 15 pounds in my pregnancy. I’m only 5 feet tall and am still carrying around 20 extra pounds from my last kid, so she’s probably right, but still. That’s not even humanly possible, I’m pretty sure.

October 26th, 2008 at 6:16 pm

2. NES says:

We have two girls, who both have two-syllable names, who share the same second syllable. People always look at us like maybe they heard wrong when they ask the girls’ names. Whatever, we like ‘em. Congrats on boy #3!

October 26th, 2008 at 7:01 pm

3. Marelle says:

That’s cool about the game on your phone. I downloaded Galaga onto my cell phone weeks ago. I love that game from my teenage arcade days. It is my most favorite way to pass the time.

And, I can’t wait to hear the baby’s new name. Wasn’t Magellan an explorer? And, it is ends in “an”!?!?! Heeeyy?

haha

October 26th, 2008 at 9:27 pm

4. ScientistMother says:

I have one boy, the monkey. Reading you blog has me TERRIFIED of having a two boys like him (I swear he’s both of your boys in one). Reading that you’re about to have a third…well congratulations obviously, but I think I would be running for the hills

October 26th, 2008 at 9:28 pm

5. Marelle says:

How about Sam Adams or Daniel Boone?

I’m here all week!!

October 26th, 2008 at 9:31 pm

6. Jess says:

How about Owen? Okay…here’s one for you…both my boys have 7 letter names that end in “n”…and 6 letter middle names…and they both have “odd” initials in there…#1 is JXC and #2 is QDC…

I feel almost required, if we have another boy (if we have another baby), to find him a 7 letter name that end in “n”. (And oh yah, has a middle name…isnt a family name, and isnt super popular).

And as for games…download Bee Cells…its like $0.99…oh my gosh…Q and I fight over that game!

October 26th, 2008 at 10:17 pm

7. kate says:

the iphone scares me – i already find my self procrastinating my procrastination with the tools i DO have (ahem google reader)!

congrats on the boy! good luck with names, i am a fan of names with trends. i am just far too lazy…

October 27th, 2008 at 7:37 am

8. Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah says:

I have seen 222 during pregnancy.

I have seen 180 during non-pregnancy.

Jolie was never either of those things.

(I am going to pretend I never even read the part about the phone poker. Like I need another time suck.)

October 27th, 2008 at 8:58 am

Angelina Jolie = Cyborg.

Of course you’re having another boy! Congratulations! Just think; you already have all the stuff.

My BIL had the best comeback to inappropriate comments about having their third girl; “yes, we’ve decided not to love this one.”

October 27th, 2008 at 5:49 pm

10. Jess says:

Okay so I’m back with names.

Per my husband: Sathan (say-then)

Per my yeahbaby.com search…

Swethan (means fair skinned boy)
      Lathan (means a division)

I also like Simon and Evan

October 27th, 2008 at 7:42 pm

Funny stuff!!!

October 28th, 2008 at 3:53 am

Dothan…Edward G. Robinson’s character in The Ten Commandments.

October 28th, 2008 at 9:57 am

Sorry…it was Dathan…even better.

October 28th, 2008 at 10:37 am

14. Domestic Goddess (in training) says:

I say go for Sacagawea… right now all names are unisex. Right Taylor, Lindsey, Jordan…. Sacagawea… it all works.

October 28th, 2008 at 12:21 pm

15. Alison says:

How about Mason. If you say it with a lisp, it works.

October 28th, 2008 at 12:37 pm

16. keyomi says:

how bout jonathan? rhymes…

October 28th, 2008 at 3:35 pm

17. Elda says:

The grief I had to endure because I named one girl Emma and the other Emily. My stupid SIL even went so far as to asking why I named them the same. My response? “You must be STUPID to not notice the difference.”

October 30th, 2008 at 8:10 am

18. JessicaAPISS says:

I will only disclose this, on the freaking Internet, because I love you and want you to feel pretty and happy and eat as much as you want because you are oh, PREGNANT, and that is what you’re supposed to do:

My highest weight, what I told the dude doing the epidural, no lying, so that I could make sure I got enough Jesus juice to knock out those contractions, at 41 weeks and edema, with my first child who weighed almost 10 lbs?

230

That’s 30 lbs more than my husband. He’s 6’4.

I never did Weight Watchers, Jenny, Curves, I just ate normally and took some walks and stopped the chocolate and transitioned to Diet Tonic water with my voddie.

I now wear a size 8 and am in the 150s.

You’re welcome.

Now go eat a freaking burger.

Love you.