Oh my giddy aunt!~

August 27, 2008

What the hell is that saying?  Devan’s kids say it all the time.  Well, actually the older one does because the younger one speaks in animal sounds.  Like when she wants some milk, she belts out a “MOOOOO.”

All I am going to say is that if I could shut my business down today, I would.  Seriously.  Seriously.  That whole label thing really, really, really brought me down.  If I wasn’t sequestered in a rain-drenched, 50 degree cabin in the woods with a really creepy, creepy stuffed owl hanging on the wall, I could have handled what we are affectionately referring to as “The Label Debacle of ’08″ much better. I would have invited the Cake Lady, CFFG, Petroville and LA over to help me peel 624 labels from postcards.  It would have cost me a 6 pack.  No, wait, LA would be coming so make that a 12 pack….  We would have done it for 2 hours and laughed at my stupidity.  Instead, it took me 9 hours.  You read that right.  Two a minute.  I know.

On a lighter note, did I mention it’s 50 degrees and raining again?  LOL  It’s all good.  Don’t hate me because I will have hot chocolate now at the coffee shop.  I’m not sure how else to warm up since I didn’t actually pack any socks.  Hmmm.

1. Julie says:

Sorry you are having a rough time! If it makes you feel any better, i live in the Icewine capital of the world and am transporting the same to Vegas to make us all feel better about the days and lives of moms LOL. Hang in there (oh and look out for the owl)

August 27th, 2008 at 5:39 pm

Okay, I just scrolled through like the last month of posts and still have no effing idea what the hell you’re doing in Idaho.

August 27th, 2008 at 6:15 pm

First of all, where the HELL are you? I miss you. We need to go to the deli again. And bitch.

And second, you know I only drink wine – but I would have peeled your labels for free. So sorry you had to do it alone.

Come home soon form whereverthehellyouare and call me dammit. My kids are in school. We can drink during the day now.

August 27th, 2008 at 6:49 pm

4. devan says:

easy. just this week she expanded her vocab to include the words “cute shoes.” i think i’m in trouble.

August 27th, 2008 at 7:57 pm

5. Lindsay Lebresco says:

Sorry to hear about your debacle. Sounds horrible but I AM looking forward to seeing you in Vegas!

August 28th, 2008 at 4:59 am

6. Jamie R Lentzner says:

Okay if it makes you feel any better – we sent out 45 CD’s to all of our stores and sites with our new proffessional photographed images before we went to the ABC kids expo…..they were all blank or corrupted. The damn, er darn photographer gave us blank cd’s – cd’s we paid for…yep. Found out as were secluded at some damn spot on the pacific ocean with no internet….ah now I am all riled up about it. Good luck -it will make a good story at the show though – right?

August 28th, 2008 at 11:37 am

7. Danyelle- The Cake Lady says:

Girlfriend, you know I would have been there! While you were peeling labels, I was rolling and re-rolling fondant onto a Styrofoam lighthouse. Fondant was too heavy, so it kept ripping. What should have taken me ten lousy minutes took 3 painful hours. I really wanted to condemn that damn lighthouse and build a secret island with a hammock, an ice chest and a good book. And I would have invited you and the girls. And we could live happily ever after in a drunken laugh-fest until a tropical storm washed us back into our reality.

August 29th, 2008 at 9:23 am

8. Vicky says:

I would have done it sans alcohol but require massive amounts of candy preferrably in gummy form.

And Idaho? Reminds me of a really bad girl potato joke.

August 29th, 2008 at 10:56 am

9. Musing says:

We say “Oh my giddy aunt,” too. It’s an old English saying, but we picked it up from the movie, A Knights Tale. :)

Sorry about the labels. That sucks.

August 30th, 2008 at 5:36 am