The latest from the Boy Terrors

July 22, 2008

1. Danyelle- The Cake Lady says:

Ok- I think it is time to start training them to ask for a lawyer before being interrogated. Because it is very obvious to me that they are proud of their poor choices. I also think it is time for another sweep through both houses to find their hidden stashes of candy/blueberries/chocolate. Four those of you who don’t know- this is not the first time these two Heathens (a word Kristen’s husband uses to describe the boys that he derived from their names -Ethan(with an H), Harrison and Nathan)have gotten into their secret stash of no-no goodies and hidden as they consume massive amounts of something that is either going to make them puke or turn their poo the color of playdough. They are too smart. Brilliant, actually. They know that we are not going to let them eat chocolate at 10 am, so they hide it cuz mom can’t say know to something she doesn’t know about. Today they threw a baseball at a workman’s car. They both plead not-guilty and promptly pointed the finger at the Easter Bunny. Maybe that is where they got the chocolate…

July 22nd, 2008 at 9:46 am

2. My Baby Pajamas says:

As a mom of two boys, I thought this was so FUNNY. My oldest is 8 years old and I ALWAYS find chocolate wrappers everywhere. In the sofa cushions, in the back of the refrig, under the sofa, under the bed, in between the sheets of his bed… the list goes on. But he always points the finger to his brother who is not even 3. Boys!

July 22nd, 2008 at 1:27 pm

You are totally busting out these videos on prom night, much to the boys’ chagrin and their dates’ delight! I can see it now…

July 22nd, 2008 at 7:12 pm

4. Sky says:

Partners in crime. I love it!

July 22nd, 2008 at 7:59 pm

5. CFFG (Melissa) says:

Holy crap! I noticed a 20 lb. box of chocolate was missing! ;)

July 23rd, 2008 at 4:28 am

6. Brittany says:

This is awesome. I think I peed on myself from laughing so hard. By the way- I gave you an award-

July 23rd, 2008 at 4:41 am

7. Amy says:

That is just too funny! And they are so honest about it too. My kids would lie their a$$es off if ever found in a situation like this.

July 23rd, 2008 at 5:06 am

8. Holly says:

I just want to say that I find your site rather disturbing. Ok, I understand the whole “mommy needs a cocktail” or beer, wine, etc. to take the edge off when you’ve had a bad day…but to exploit how bad your kids are on the site is just horrible. If your child has done something he knows he shouldn’t have done (or even if he didn’t know since it seems he’s 3?) then you discipline him. Making an “interrogation” video and posting it on your site is not going to fix any problem that comes up. It’s clear as day that the boys find it funny they are being questioned. It’s almost as if you want them to misbehave so you have something new to post on your blog.

I’d say you don’t half-ass parent…you’re a fraction of that even. You clearly need something more than a cocktail (i.e. counselor, supernanny, etc.) to show you the ropes on how to raise a child in this world.

July 23rd, 2008 at 5:26 am

9. Amy says:

Did they eat all your Emily Post chocolate? I loved meeting you at BlogHer and I’m so glad I found your blog!

PS: My kids are always covered in chocolate and ink. We should totally get them together. Or not.

xoxo, SG

July 23rd, 2008 at 5:32 am

At least they confess their malfeasance…judges tend to be more lenient on people who confess.

Is Holly for real?

July 23rd, 2008 at 7:23 am

I’m with Holly! I’m appalled!

Nope, couldn’t do it with a straight face…

My question is where’s the chocolate on Ethan’s face? Or is it just my kids that eat everything like lions at a hyena carcass?

July 23rd, 2008 at 9:29 am

12. Patti says:

I am laughing so hard I have diet coke coming our my nose (not to mention it sprayed all over my laptop screen!!!). It is amzing how fast Ethan’s friend sold him up the river….and Ethan’s expression is priceless (he goes back and forth between pride and amusement)!!!
      And for the record—-Holly needs a cocktail and to lighten up!!!

July 23rd, 2008 at 10:48 am

13. Sky says:

Darn, I wish Holly had a blog or website. She’d be gettin’ it. What a rag.

July 23rd, 2008 at 2:09 pm

14. Fear and Parenting in Las Vegas says:

I’m very impressed by the level of planning in these capers. I think they have a great future in bank heists.

July 23rd, 2008 at 3:24 pm

15. Marelle says:

Hold the phone!

This is SO not an interrogation.

And, I love how Ethan’s friend completely corrected WHO found the chocolate. haha

July 23rd, 2008 at 5:29 pm

16. Deb on the Rocks says:

I admit that thanks to Thank You Day I ate A LOT A LOT A LOT of chocolate at 10Am today.

A LOT.

July 23rd, 2008 at 5:29 pm

17. Vicky says:

oh. my. Lord. what gives Holly? Seriously. Do you not read other Mommy blogs? Have you not seen mine- where I refer to JC and I don’t mean Jesus but Joan Crawford indeed.

Get a grip Holly. MNAC is a great mother. I’ve seen her in action more than once with her kids and mine. I trust her implicitely.

July 24th, 2008 at 12:38 pm

18. Tricia says:

What I love most about this here debacle is the fact that When the boys say they ate “a lot, lot, lot” it is taken as gospel.

I’m sorry, have you ever given a young child a sip or bite of something and then asked them how much they have had? Exaggeration is the folly of youth. Not Kristen’s problem!

That’s all.

July 24th, 2008 at 2:26 pm

19. E's mum says:

What’s the big deal? I build forts to hide and eat chocolate by myself all the time! If I didn’t, I would have to share all the chocolate with my 5-yr-old and my hubby.

July 24th, 2008 at 3:32 pm

20. carol says:

We were fostering a little boy once, when he was about 1 1/2 yrs or so. One day we couldn’t find him, we were seriously panicking because he would leave the house and walk into the street and stuff like that if we didn’t watch him close. We finally found him hiding behind the curtains in the living room obviously eating chocolate. We still laugh about it.

August 24th, 2008 at 8:14 pm