Why wait for their first crappy rock concert to ruin their hearing?

May 5, 2008

The Boys

And eye protection?  We spit on eye protection.

Another possible caption:  first and probably last time I will ever find The Husband mowing the lawn.

1. Sky says:

That is bloody cute!

May 5th, 2008 at 7:22 pm

My neighbors mowed their lawn for years with the kids riding on the tractor. It’s all cute till someone loses a leg. Seriously. I knew a kid growing up, who, when he was a toddler, was knocked down and partially run over by HIS MOM, who was on the lawn tractor and of course couldn’t hear him. He spent his life with one leg, and his mom spent her life as a nervous wreck. So of course, my mom locked us into the house when she would mow, lest we meet a similar fate.

And the hearing? Daddy-o had the gas-powered blower out Sunday with the 3-year-old strolling about. I was yelling HELLO, YOU WILL DAMAGE HIS HEARING, and he was all, “WHAT??” Because, of course, too many loud concerts as a kid.

May 6th, 2008 at 3:29 am

3. Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah says:

Those three are adorable!

May 6th, 2008 at 3:46 am

Priceless. I make the buddies sit in the top of their tree-house and play, while I mow the front yard. We have a Bobcat mower and I can’t hear a blooming thing while it is on, lol.

May 6th, 2008 at 5:10 am

Didn’t one of Seinfeld’s girlfriends get gonorrhea from a tractor?

nasty business those things

May 6th, 2008 at 12:41 pm

I’m noticing a common thread of mommy lawn mowing. I thought it was just me.

My first crappy rock concert was The J. Giles Band at age 14.

May 7th, 2008 at 11:47 am

7. the mama bird diaries says:

Do you know that I seriously did not know what they were sitting on? I was thinking… is that a moped or something? I live in manhattan… that is my pathetic, lame excuse for my stupidity.

May 7th, 2008 at 9:25 pm