Dora ’08

January 23, 2008

It’s gotta be said, Internet.  I’m confused as to why everyone assumes that because a woman is running for president, I’m going to vote for her.  That being said, I’m also confused as to why everyone assumes that this loud-mouthed opinionated woman is liberal.  I guess we can just dispel these two things right now.  I would sooner vote for Dora and I’m not voting blue anytime soon.

I’m not particularly red either, but I would have to say if I was going to pick a color, I would definitely choose red over blue.  Hands down.  But I’m not really feeling the love of the red these days either.  This being obvious based on the conversation I had with The Boy today.

TB:  MomMomMomMom.
    K:  Yes.
    TB:  Mom, why does that car have stickers on it? (pointing to the minivan in front of us at the light).
    K:  Well, that car has stickers on it because those people have very controversial political views that they are not afraid to share with the entire world as they drive down the boulevard.
    TB:  MomMomMomMom, why do we no have stickers on our car?
    K:  Because we have very wishy-washy views about politics and we are frightened about people get violent in traffic about views that they do not necessarily have.
    TB:  What are are politics, Mom?
    K:  Let’s just say your mother can probably say she is the only person in her political party that has never smoked pot and isn’t really for drug legalization and your father brings home his paycheck from a bloated federal agency.  We are the most unlibertarian libertarians in America.
    TB:  Mom.  We need stickers on our car.

He’s right.

1. Marel says:

Please don’t talk politics . . . it is all so confusing to me . . . so much so . . . that I was wondering who “TB” was?

Yes, I’m scared too.

January 23rd, 2008 at 5:59 pm

2. Amy says:

If things go south in this here election, I might just have to write-in my vote (again). It just might be Dora if I can’t come with anyone else!

January 23rd, 2008 at 6:25 pm

3. Burgh Baby's Mom says:

I just gotta’ say that I’m firmly opposed to everything Dora stands for. I would be absolutely willing to spend the rest of my life in prison for assassinating her annoying little being.

January 23rd, 2008 at 6:38 pm

4. LifeAsIKnowIt says:

LOL. Excellent post. I’m right there with you.
      I’m just tired of voting for the lesser of two evils every election…

January 23rd, 2008 at 7:30 pm

5. Laptop Television Mom says:

I am very passionate about certain issues. However, I do not put stickers on my car because I paid too much money for my vehicle to junk it up with propaganda. ;-) I’ll promote my causes in other ways….

January 23rd, 2008 at 11:04 pm

6. Cathy says:

Welcome to the fence. There are no stickers here – you can’t have stickers when you are not sure which way you are going to fall off the fence. Especially when it appears there is no good option for falling either way.

However, I would be willing to put a Mommy needs a cocktail sticker on my car ;)

January 24th, 2008 at 7:07 am

7. tara says:

K,
      LOL – this post is funny. I am a quickly dying right wing conservative TURNED TOTALLY apathetic by my life experiences of late … no stickers for me either.

Hope you’re well.

tara

January 24th, 2008 at 7:41 am

I think that Dora’s already got the Hispanic vote all sewn up.

Yeah, we’re confused here too. Typically we each vote for one party, cancelling out eachother’s vote.

January 24th, 2008 at 7:47 am

the only stickers on my car are my town’s fascist dump permit sticker and a Jerry Garcia sticker…

You live on acreage in the sticks and have firearms…in my opinion that’s halfway to being the perfect Libertarian!

January 24th, 2008 at 7:49 am

10. Denise says:

DORA!! Now there’s an idea!!!!

:o )

Denise

January 24th, 2008 at 5:14 pm

11. Phoenix says:

Anybody but Dora. I can’t stand that high pitched little voice.

That having been said, I fully agree with you on the political bumper stickers. In fact, I can’t stand bumper stickers in general.

January 25th, 2008 at 9:20 am