There is going to come a point in time where I am actually going to need to watch these children

September 12, 2007

After that sweet little tribute to Nathan, we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

K:  Do you need to go potty?
    E:  NO.
    K:  Are you sure? (cause now it’s only a matter of time before he gets kicked out of school for not being potty trained)
    E:  No.
    K:  “No,” you don’t need to go or “no,” you aren’t sure?
    E:  No.
    K:  (saying words under my breath that would make a sailor blush)  We’re going.  Right now.  To the potty.
    E:  NO!!
    K:  (now dragging him through the house) Yes, you have to go to the potty.
    E:  I no go potty.
    K:  (now in the bathroom)  Our bathroom did NOT smell like this growing up.
    E:  (clearly having a change of heart as evidenced by the tinkling in the toilet) I go potty, Mama.
    K:  (realizing that the smell isn’t going away despite wiping down the floor with Clorox wipes) Great.  Why is your little potty here in the middle of the floor?
    E:  I go potty BEFORE, Mama.  I pooped.
    K:  When?
    E:  Dis morning.
    K:  6 hours ago?
    E:  YEEEESSSS, MAMA.  I go poop before.
    K:  (looking in the little potty and not seeing any poop) So where did it go?
    E:  Dare, Mama.

And oh, so slowly, I turned to find a large turd in the sink.

Wedged under the stopper.

Smelling faintly of Milk and Honey soap but mostly of crap.

Apparently he hadn’t gotten the memo that you dump the poop from the little toilet into the big toilet and THEN, and ONLY THEN, do you wash out the little potty.

I’m not sure which grossed me out more. The fact that there was crap in my sink for 6 hours or that I’m not quite sure at what part of the hand washing process the “poop debacle” occurred. There are pictures, but it would just be so wrong to post them.

1. Michele says:

OMG! I spit coke all over my screen, laughing so hard. I needed that, THANKS
      Still snickering picturing it…

September 12th, 2007 at 1:49 pm

I’m sorry that I find this hysterical….reminds me of college.

September 12th, 2007 at 3:16 pm

3. Mark says:

It sounds like it’s time to move again K.

But look at the bright side, at least he’s not painting with it. Imagining a Poop Picasso :-)

September 12th, 2007 at 3:36 pm

4. Susan Getgood says:

While I would *never* suggest you bribe your child, I found that betting my child $1 that he could NOT go potty was a good incentive to get him to try when he insisted he didn’t need to go.

FWIW.

September 12th, 2007 at 4:50 pm

5. Carrie says:

Oh no. Too funny, but so horrible.

September 12th, 2007 at 5:48 pm

6. Marelle says:

Uh–thanks for not posting those pics!! Laughing alot too though.

September 12th, 2007 at 6:00 pm

7. nyjlm says:

Oh nooooo!

September 12th, 2007 at 6:31 pm

8. Girl con Queso says:

We’ve just started potty training. And you’ve officially scared the crap out of me.

September 12th, 2007 at 9:13 pm

9. Amy says:

Tom and I agree that after this story, E will have NO problem whatsoever getting into your alma mater. :)

This is going to make me chuckle all day long …

September 13th, 2007 at 6:14 am

10. kate says:

as the sister who almost spent an entire decade at FSU, i can faithfully let you all know that i never came across fecal matter in any sinks.

puke, absolutely. witnessed peeing in various unapproved locations, you betcha.

September 13th, 2007 at 6:43 am

11. Michelle says:

My God-daughter was a poop Picaso. And my good friends son used to cry when it was flushed and another’s used to try and eat it…in the sink isn’t so bad…?! LMFAO!

September 17th, 2007 at 11:09 pm